Re: [squid-users] Please help with FTP caching via SOCKS

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 23:35:35 +0200

"R. Alexander" wrote:

> But do you mean all of SQUID ? I definitely do not want all of my packets
> originating from squid going to the SOCKS proxy.

On any SOCKSified application the SOCKS client configuration controls in
detail what is being sent to the SOCKS server and what is being done
directly as if SOCKS wasn't in the picture.. See your SOCKS
documentation on how to configure SOCKS. (hint: see the documentation
for runsocks and what it refers to)

> I read about an ftpget or similar process ... is this what squid uses for
> the FTP protocol ?

ftpget was the helper process Squid-1.X used for fetching FTP content.
Squid-2.X has the FTP protocol built in.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Hacker