[squid-users] Http_Accel and Header Problem

From: AJ Lemke <aj.lemke@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 11:39:52 -0500

Hello all,

I am using Squid in the Acceleration Mode, thanks to Henrik. I have a
problem with squid not using the headers supplied by IIS 5.0 or coded into
my webpages. The Squid Acceleration works great without the header but once
we put the headers in no caching of our website occurs.
Here is our Cold Fusion Header that we are putting in:
<cfheader Name = "Expires" Value = "#CacheExpireTime#">

Which translates to this:
<cfheader Name = "Expires" Value = "Wed, 10 Oct 2001 10:36:28 CDT ">

The #CacheExpireTime# is a variable that lets us decide how long the page is
to be around. Do these look right to you guys? If not what do I need to
change?

One other question.

We host a website for a local Television station and they put news stories
on the front page of their site periodically, is there a way to use netscape
of IE to send a command via the url to manually clear the cache when they
update a news story?

As Always thank you for your Time and Patients and for you Replies,

AJ Lemke