[squid-users] autostarting squid: execvp permission error??

From: suzana <suzana@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 11:02:33 +0800

hello all!...
I'm using squid-2.4 in my redhat 7.1 machine...I use squid as a proxy
server for some of my users.....to autostart squid everytime my server
goes down, I use this file called
S25squid in my /etc/rc3.d directory...I have this in the file:

/etc/squid/bin/squid

that's simple enough, I guess...but the problem is, recently we had a
power failure, and when I turned the server back on, I had this error in
my boot.log file:

squid : execvp : Permission Denied
rc: Starting squid : failed

what does this mean? what's execvp (sorry for sounding so ignorant, coz
I am)...then I tried rebooting the server, and squid started fine,
without the execvp permission thing...but I still want to know what
could have caused the execvp error, coz it's bound to happen again
sooner or later...can anobody gimme some pointers?? or maybe some other
better way to autorestart squid (other than through rc.local and
inittab)?..thanks a lot!:)

-suzana-