Re: [squid-users] Patch for Group LDAP Authentication with Squid 2.4.STABLE2

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 21:05:27 +0200

It is not that the patch as such is bad (have no opinion on the quality
of the patch), but the core Squid developers have selected a different
and more generic approach to the problem of authorization groups.

http://devel.squid-cache.org/external_acl/

Implements the required framework, but it remains to write different
helpers for different types of authorization groups such as LDAP groups
and some minor integration with proxy authentication left still to make
it easier to configure (currently requires the help of a proxy_auth ACL
to perform the login if you are basing your external groups on logins)

I'd also recommend anyone hacking or considering to hack on the Squid
code to pay a visit to devel.squid-cache.org (aka
squid.sourceforge.net).

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Hacker