Re: [squid-users] Patch for Group LDAP Authentication with Squid 2.4.STABLE2

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 13:11:21 +0200

You can have it posted on devel.squid-cache.org if you like.

However, the path selected by group_ldap_auth is not likely to become
part of the mainstream Squid. Instead there is two possible
developments:

a) A generic ACL extension/helper mechanism which can easily be used to
query LDAP groups and the like. See
http://devel.squid-cache.org/projects.html#external_acl

b) It has been discussed if the authentication helper interface should
be extended to allow the helpers to return lists of group memberships
for the authenticated user. Likely to appear but nothing developed yet.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Hacker