Re: [squid-users] What kind of directory load balance is this?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 12:52:51 +0200

As expected.

Squid uses as many L2 directories it needs to fit the amount of objects
you have in the cache, trying to keep about L2 objects in each L2
directory. So for a small 100MB cache directory only about 50 L2
directories will ever be used, i.e. 00/00 to 00/32

No, this is not really about hashing.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Hacker