Re: [squid-users] HTTP400 errors

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 22:37:15 +0200

If the server cannot deal with persistent connection negotiation then it
is broken.

See server_persistent_connections in squid.conf for how to disable the
use of persistent connections.

My first guess is that the requests are indeed invalid, most likely
passing space characters or anything else which is invalid in HTTP. What
do you get in access.log on these requests?

In the IE advanced settings, please disable "user friendly error
messages" to get access to the real error messages. Most versions of IE
have the odd habit if thinking that it knows better what the error
message should say than the server/proxy who detected the error.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Hacker