RE: [squid-users] SUN E4000 - comm_accept and http_accept: accept _failure

From: Adam Carter <Adam.Carter@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 10:45:32 +1000

> I have a problem with squid in a E4000 many mounths, a
> time behind I
> changed a E250 to E4000 and after I lost performance of the access to
> Internet sites, the performance of a sun E250 is better than
> big server E4000 !!.....,

Have you tweaked solaris's kernel in the same way on both boxes? Solaris 8
has tons of kernel parameters you can modify, perhaps you are running out of
some resource (check the logs), or just not optimally tuned. I know the
default config left many of our busier boxes starved. None of these were
dedicated squid boxes, but its still worth investigating. Let me know if you
want more info on this and i'll dig up the configs.

Adam