RE: [squid-users] Is is possible.

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 15:22:30 +1000

You can look into the external_acl branch on devel.squid-cache.org.
WARNING: BETA CODE.

Also,
used properly, the standard squid treats proxy_auth acl's AS group
definitions..
ie
acl superusers john mary tim
acl normalusers sue brendan ralph

Having 1000's of users will not impact that, the memory overhead for
having a user logged in is identical, and the user lists are (relatively
speaking) small. As for response time, the time to traverse a splay tree
is of a low order, such that you shouldn't suffer. Testing of course
could confirm this for you.

Rob