Re: [squid-users] Trying to get NCSA working

From: Brett Lymn <blymn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 17:05:30 +0930 (CST)

According to Henrik Nordstrom:

>A good test is to run it by hand before trying it from Squid.
>
>From the command line, start smb_auth with it's required arguments

I hacked a copy of the smb_auth script so that it prompted
interactively for the inputs (not too hard, just some echo's) and even
turned off echo for the password prompt (echoing password to the
screen always gives me the willies). I find it makes it easier having
the prompts for what smb_auth is expecting for the infrequent times
that I need to verify the smb_auth is working ok.