Re: [squid-users] Authentication error with commas in URL.

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 22:55:56 +1000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andy Duncan" <andyduncan@motives.co.uk>
To: "Squid-Users (E-mail)" <squid-users@squid-cache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2001 10:49 PM
Subject: [squid-users] Authentication error with commas in URL.

> I am currently testing squid 2.5 from squid-head-200109192301
> with digest authentication and have run into a problem with
> urls that use commas. A single comma is fine, but multiple
> commas cause the password request to popup repeatedly until
> auth fails. All that is logged is a TCP_DENIED/407

> Are these styles of url 'forbidden' in some way and is there any
> way of working around this?

It's most likely a bug in squid's digest code. It hasn't had much of a
workout to date. I will look into this for you. (But give me a few days,
I'm very busy right now). My guess is that the parsing to separate the
fields in the auth header is getting broken.

Can you turn on mime header logging and get a few good and bad requests
logged for me please. (I should be able to reproduce this myself, but if
you can generate a log, it will add confirmation).

Rob