[squid-users] Squid using WCCP

From: Bruce Quinton <Bruce@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 08:33:54 +1000

I'm really really new to Linux and Squid. So this maybe an easy fix that I'm not seeing (I hope).

    I have Slackware 2.2.16 running on a PIII 550 with 265Mb RAM and 30Gb HDD, I have Squid setup and running using WCCP to talk to my Cisco 5300. Running as and transparent proxy.

    My problem is that SOME users experience extremely slow connections(It seems to the user that access has stopped.) I have gone through the Access.log and the request has gone through. It only records the initial request for the page but no further items eg Images from the page ect....

Other users go through without a problem.

I have read through heaps of FAQ's and other posts and thought I had everything worked-out.

Obviously you'll need more info I just don't know what you'll need to help.

Regards Bruce Quinton.