Re: [squid-users] Squid using WCCP

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 01:06:11 +0200

My guess is a MTU problem.

1. On any proxy doing interception where the router does not properly
redirect ICMP as well as TCP, make sure you have MTU discovery disabled.

2. To avoid TCP/IP issues it is always recommended to configure the
browser to use the proxy instead of trying to have the proxy intercept
the connections at the TCP level. TCP interception viloates a number of
TCP/IP standards and will mess things up.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Hacker