Re: [squid-users] Still trying to get NCSA working

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 00:47:38 +0200

Ofcourse not. Each of these modules are for connecting to different
password sources. Only the NCSA module uses NCSA style password files.

NCSA is for connecting to NCSA HTTPD style password files

PAM is for connecting to any PAM enabled service using login+password
authentication

SMB is for connecting to Samba/Windows services

MSNT is for connecting to Windows NT services

LDAP is for connecting to LDAP services

etc...

Regards
Henrik Nordström