[squid-users] failed DNS lookups

From: Andrei B. <andrixnet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 00:46:31 -0700 (PDT)

 Often on news sites (netscape, cnn, bbc, etc) I get when using squid
with Netscape as a client the DNS lookup failed page from squid for
various ad sites which contain .js files. Denying them by rules does
not help because instead of the lookup failed error, I get the error
page again.

 Practically I can view netscape.com site only if I connect directly,
or by disabling Javascript.

 Can I make squid return non-error page for certain acl rules if
denied, or other errors ? If I send a blank page to the browser it will
have an empty file. But the HTTP error sent by squid forces the browser
to display it, thus making in impossible to view that address.

=====
ing. Andrei Boros
Centrul pt. Tehnologia Informatiei
Societatea Romana de Radiodifuziune