Re: [squid-users] LVS Cache Server Load Balancing

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 12:08:13 +0200

"Palmer J.D.F." wrote:

> Does anyone have a Linux Virtual Server Squid cluster set up?
> I have just ordered 3 nice big servers that I want to load balance, I
> understand it can be done but I'd like to find out other people's
> experiences, recommendations and configs.

I don't currently run any Squid's behind LVS, but frequently use LVS for
other purposes. A great tool.

> Are you using any kind of filesystem replication?

Why?

> Do you have Director redundancy?

You should have I think, but requires some additional setup. At a
minimum, consider using a watchdog in the LVS node.

> Does squid need to be adapted in any way to run in a Virtual Server?

Not a single bit.

> Are you using 2 NICs in your real servers?

No real need for this in the traffic volumes you can push thru a Squid..
but in some cases it simplifies the networking layout...

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Hacker