Re: [squid-users] NewBie, Help

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 14:19:32 +0200

s rao wrote:

> Dear sir,
>
> Sorry for mentioning hotmail.com there instead of the actual sites.
>
> Now it's working fine with out problem.

Good. Got the impression that you were still having problems there..

> One more thing we are looking for is:
> when ever our dialup users send a mail or do some registraions on the web,
> the squid mechine ip is coming in to the picture instead of clients IP.

This is the way it works. Squid is a proxy application, not a router.

> To overcome this issue, can u help us .

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-4.html#ss4.17

It is recommended that webmail services and the like log this header in
addition to the source IP.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Hacker