Re: [squid-users] Revese Proxy Configuration

From: CKPL Ng <ckpl@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 05:03:24 +0000

Henrik,
Thank you for your earlier reply.
I'm new to reverse proxy, and have two main thing to try out:
1. Authentication
2. Fail-over / Load Balance

I'm targeting to resolve the authentication problem first.

After some try on the configuration, I managed to get my reverse proxy work,
but after trying on logging to the webpage (my webserver have the
authentication page), after the second try, the url (reverse proxy's ip
address) has been changed to my web server's ip address. Can suggest on how
to configure as such that client authenticate to origin server direct but
the url of origin server is not visible to client?

Appreciate you can advise me and I can going on further.

TIA
Aries