Re: [squid-users] Revese Proxy Configuration

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 09:53:00 +0200

CKPL Ng wrote:

> After some try on the configuration, I managed to get my reverse proxy work,
> but after trying on logging to the webpage (my webserver have the
> authentication page), after the second try, the url (reverse proxy's ip
> address) has been changed to my web server's ip address. Can suggest on how
> to configure as such that client authenticate to origin server direct but
> the url of origin server is not visible to client?

This is usually caused by redirects.

What happens is that Squid receives the request using one URL, then the
reverse proxy rewrites the URL and sends to the origin server, who then
generates a new URL using what it thinks is the correct URL.

To avoid these problems, I recommend making the following configuration:

http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200012/0429.html
http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200012/0758.html
http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200103/0930.html

Regards