[squid-users] Header Packets

From: AJ Lemke <aj.lemke@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 14:30:48 -0500

Has anyone done this before:

Send a packet to a squid server running in Acceleration mode a header to
clear and refresh an individual page.

We are trying to duplicate Netscape 6.1's header it sends.

GET / HTTP/1.1
Accept = text/xml, application/xml, application/xhtml+xml, text/html;q=0.9,
im
Accept-Encoding = gzip,deflate,compress,identity
User-Agent = Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; WinNT4.0; en-US; rv:0.9.2)
Gecko/2001072
Host = cache.securitylabs.com
Connection: Keep-Alive
Cache-Control: max-age=0

Roughly the proceeding.

What we are doing, is developing a website management system for a
television station. We would like to have a form where they can submit a url
within a page and the url contain the Cache-Control: max-age=0 header and
reload a page containing an updated news story.

Anyhints or suggestions on the best way of doing this.

AJ