Re: [squid-users] Http_accel mode, authentication of multiple hos ts?

From: Henk-Jan Kloosterman <proxy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 00:24:41 +0200

I want to know your opinion on a brainstorm session, me , myself and I
had...

My central accelarator host is named: www.mycompany.com
the others are: server1.mycompany.com
                       server2.mycompany.com
etc etc.

What If I created a redirect (with squirm or..) so that the requests from
the users had to be:

www.mycompany.com/server1
www.mycompany.com/server2

So all my xxx.mycompany.com (if not www) would be redirected to
www.company.com/xxxx

This would then mean only 1 times authenticate? right?