Re: [squid-users] Http_accel mode, authentication of multiple hos ts?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 22:55:16 +0200

This is a limitation of HTTP authentication. You log in individually to
each host and realm requested by that host.

Does not matter if you are using Squid in acceleration mode, or any
standard HTTP server. This limitation is in HTTP.

To work around this some systems/sites make use of cookie based login
mechanisms. Squid does not have any cookie based authentication
mechanism.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Hacker