Re: [squid-users] HTTP/1.1

From: Klavs Klavsen <ktk@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 11:20:30 +0200

you could put up a sniffer - on the squid-machine and sniff everything from
your browser-client to the your squid and back..

that way if you can see how many tcp-handshakes are made for a single
page..

If the page consists of several elements from the same domain, you should
only see one SYN, SYN ACK, ACK handshake - and then the rest
should be packages with the ACK bit and a GET request for each element..

-------------| This mail has been sent to you by: |------------
Klavs Klavsen, IT-coordinator and Systems Administrator at
Metropol Online - http://www.metropol.dk
Tlf. 33752700, Fax 33752720, Email ktk@metropol.dk

Private- Email klavs@klavsen.net - http://www.vsen.dk

--------------------[ I believe that... ]-----------------------
It is a myth that people resist change. People resist what other
people make them do, not what they themselves choose to do...
That's why companies that innovate successfully year after year
seek their peopl's ideas, let them initiate new projects and
encourage more experiments. -- Rosabeth Moss Kanter

I'm using squid as a reverse proxy on solaris for a client, which is
working great.

Our client ask SUN to do a "performance" test, the SUN engineer told that:
squid is a possible bottleneck since it's translating HTTP/1.1 into
HTTP/1.0
and HTTP/1.0 don't support persistent connections.

I know that squid support persistent connections, but is there a way to
prove
it. Since our developer is believing the SUN engineer and wants to dump
squid.

regards,

--
staf wagemakers