RE: [squid-users] Limiting connections with no Access Denied

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 14:38:01 +1000

IMO it's a chicken and egg problem. HTTP doesn't have an 'intermediary
resource limit reached' status code per se, so we have to choose
carefully what we send back. Even if user agents are not smart at (say)
waiting 30 seconds and then retrying, they can become smart, but only if
we already provide the correct response.

Rob