[squid-users] No data from URL through Squid?

From: <MRDemicco@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 16:28:04 -0400

I've been trying to access one particular URL through Squid with no luck.
All other URLs work perfectly but this one just opens up and sets up the
data transfer and sits there. No data ever comes across the line. The url
in question is http://199.53.215.50:2080 - it works fine via direct connect but I can't get it to work through
squid. Can anyone else reproduce and/or solve this problem? I've noticed
that, unlike some HTTP servers, the site in question will exhibit the
similar no-data transfer characteristics if you telnet in and type GET /.
However, if you provide a complete Browser-type field, etc. it will return
data. Thanks!

Matthew R. Demicco