Re: [squid-users] How to apply patches from squid.sourgeforge.net

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 12:13:51 +0200

The "rproxy" patch applies to the current development version of Squid,
not Squid-2.4.

There is no need to first upgrade from 2.4 to 2.5. Simply jump directly
from Squid-2.4 to Squid-2.5.DEVEL+rproxy if you want to try out the
patch. If you first upgrade to 2.5 then you will have to upgrade again
after applying the patch.

Note: Squid-2.5.DEVEL is currently undergoing a lot of cleanups aiming
at a Squid-2.5.PRESTABLE. This means that at times the rproxy patch
might not apply cleanly to the current development version of Squid
without some manual editing. It should today, but I cannot guarantee it
will tomorrow.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Hacker