[squid-users] proxy_auth and two different authenticate_programs

From: Lee Sanders <squid-337@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 16:49:49

Hello World,

After a bit of playing I have been able to get proxy_auth/ldap talking to a
windows domain controller. I do however have a couple of questions that
some of you might be able to help me with.

1) With proxy_auth the user is prompted for a user/pass to use, is there
anyway (anyway at all) to have this information entered automatically so
the user never sees this prompt.

2) Due to the setup here we have staff on a MS domain and students on a
Novell domain. Is it possible to use two different authentication programs
(ie ldap to two different domains) to authenticate users, ie staff on
subnet xxxx are authenticated using the ms domain and students using subnet
yyy are authenticated using the Novell domain.

Any information you might be able to provide would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance
Lee Sanders
Network Engineer