[squid-users] squid freezes..

From: Klavs Klavsen <ktk@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 12:44:43 +0200

Hi everybody,

I've set up a squid + rproxy.patch.. I've set up 4 origin-servers.. 2 for
www.aok.dk and 2 for www.cnn.dk..
sometimes, when I enter the address for one of them, my browser waits 30-60
(sometimes more) seconds for an answer from squid.. and only if I wait till
the answer comes or if I press stop - do I see anything in the access.log..
(IE. not before the request is finished serving)..
I can usually provoke it, by shift-reloading one site a few times.. and
then asking for the other.. and then.. if I stop the wait after 30 secs or
so.. and request aok.dk instead of www.aok.dk (belongs to the same
origin-servers) it answers swiftly.. weird..

if I while I'm waiting for the answer from squid access my origin-servers
directly - asking for the same page.. it answers swiftly.. everytime..
(it's just static pages that I'm asking for.

I tried to see if there was an open connection to an origin -server while I
was waiting.. (netstat -na) but there was only my ssh-connections to the
server.. and the LISTEN's.. and a few established http connections to
squid.. from my client.

I hope you have any ideas as to what this is..

-------------| This mail has been sent to you by: |------------
Klavs Klavsen, IT-coordinator and Systems Administrator at
Metropol Online - http://www.metropol.dk
Tlf. 33752700, Fax 33752720, Email ktk@metropol.dk

Private- Email klavs@klavsen.net - http://www.vsen.dk

It is a myth that people resist change. People resist what other
people make them do, not what they themselves choose to do...
That's why companies that innovate successfully year after year
seek their peopl's ideas, let them initiate new projects and
encourage more experiments. -- Rosabeth Moss Kanter