[squid-users] Re: Squid Question

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 18:29:47 +0100

If you do not have DNS access, then you must start Squid with the -D
command line option to disable the built in check that verifies DNS
accessibility...

You must also configure a cache_peer where to Squid can forward the
requests, and use the never_direct directive to tell Squid that it must
not attempt to go directly to the destination no matter what.

The --disable-internal-dns configure option is not strictly required,
only thing is that if you have not used it then you must give Squid at
least one IP to a "DNS server" (a faked one is fine, such as 127.0.0.1).

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Hacker