[squid-users] NTLM effect on access.log

From: Tony Melia <Tony.Melia@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 08:54:47 +1000

I just started using ntlm/fakeauth authentication which works great.
However, I ran my normal calamaris and webalizer reports on the logs, and
got really weird results. Calamaris shows almost no hits and webalizer said
my log files were unrecognisable. I can see from the access.log that there
are lots of anonymous TCP_DENIED which seem to be generated/required by
fakeauth, followed by a successful log with the username recorded.

Is there a grep/other filter I can run my access.log through to 'fix' it so
I can still use standard squid reporting tools? I still need to have access
to access.log with the username intact. What do other ntlm users use to get
stats on?

Regards,