[squid-users] Access Lists

From: Paul Harlow <PHarlow@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 15:58:00 -0700

Hi all,

I'm very new here and fairly new to Squid so please bear with me if this is
a subject that's been covered more than once.

I've just started working with Squid off an on over the last few months and
have hit a wall. I cannot find documentation that properly illustrates how
to configure access lists with Squid and have had very limited success with
the reconfigure of this server.
For the most part we're restricting user access to the Internet using these
access lists to just a few sites relating to their jobs. However, when I
make changes to this list, mostly a copy and paste operation, these changes
to not become effective after the service is restarted (killall -HUP squid).

If anyone has any ideas to throw at me or any other resources that I might
not have considered please send them my way!
Thanks!

Paul Harlow CCNA, MCP
System and Network Administrator
SKLD Information Services LLC