Re: [squid-users] no_cache deny

From: Colin Campbell <sgcccdc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 17:19:18 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, khiz code wrote:

> thanks Colin
> i was just wondering if this could be acheived by using a refresh pattern that
> has min and max values as 0 minutes
> something like
> refresh_pattern http://wwww.thesite.com 0 0% 0
> rather crude i mustsay but will this work for that particular site??????

No. That stops squid caching it (and I believe there are better ways to
do that - I'll defer to the experts for that). It doesn't stop the browser
asking squid. Your email suggested you wanted a browser to go direct for
some URL's and via squid for the rest. That is a browser configuration not
a squid configuration. Squid cannot tell a browser not to use squid.

> TIA
> khiz
> P.S :- my earlier mail rgd dst cache overflow is a rather serious concern to
> me..do i hv to increase the value of /proc/sys/net/ipv4/route/max_size to more
> than the default 4096

Dunno. I don't remember your earlier mail.

Colin