Re: [squid-users] no_cache deny

From: khiz code <khizcode@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 00:37:48 -0800 (PST)

Well COlin
what i want is that a particular site not be cached for a particular client
i am running squid in transparent mode and one of the customers was complaining
that a particular website was not getting refreshed ..
because of the transparent mode of operation i cant reconfigure his browser

aslo as Henrick replied earlier
"no_cache only stops content from entering the cache. It does not stop
HIT on content that has already been cached."
so i thought that i could brute force squid into not caching that URL :-)
using the refresh pattern
howver thatwill happen for all the clients
any further suggestions
also my previous mail rgd Dst cache overflow i repeat here
-------
after running my squid boxes for a couple of days i get
dst cache overflow messages in /var/log/messages
cache.log say "no buffer space unavailable"
i hv kernel 2.2.19 with reiserfs
any one knows what it means
i know it is not squid related , but this is the only list that ive
subscribed
to that has linux gurus :-)
so guys pls try to help me out with ur suggestion
i have a compaq netelligent 10/100 card, p3 550 Mhz xeon and 512 MB ram
-----
do i need to play with the gc_interval parameter or try to increase the value
of the max size of the route cache ( assuming that dst cache overflow is indeed
caused due to route cache overflowing )

TIA
khiz