Re: [squid-users] Log History

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 04:48:18 -0600

If it's the same logrotate tool by Erik Troan that is used in Red Hat
derived systems then you just need to up the 'rotate' value to whatever
number of logs you'd like to keep.

/var/log/squid/access.log {
     daily
     rotate 7
     copytruncate
     compress
     notifempty
     missingok
}

For example, here we're rotating logs every day, and keeping 7 days
worth compressed.

This isn't a Squid thing, it's up to your distribution Squid packager
how to handle this stuff.

The man page for logrotate is very good also.

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
http://www.swelltech.com