[squid-users] Log History

From: Jan Rasmussen <jan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 11:28:26 +0100

Hi Squid'ders ;-)

Ive got a Debian Woody (current TESTING release). I am running Squid 2.4.S2. about a month ago or so I upgraded it from a 2.2.

Originally I set up the Log History for the log files in cron.daily/squid.

That file is no longer used (at least in debian) instead /etc/logrotate.d/squid is used. (I don't know if this is a change made by the guys (and gals) at debian or in the Squid-bunch)

But I see no provision for setting log history in the new file. So I am stuck with the number of logfiles I had at the time when things changed. Does anyone here know where this setting has moved to if anywhere? Or do I just have to modify the /etc/logrotate.d/squid script in order to up the number?

Best Regards

Jan Rasmussen

PS. if this is a "conflict" Squid normal use and Debian, I will put this to the attention of the Debian-bunch :-)