Re: [squid-users] something is corrupting my downloads

From: Brett Lymn <blymn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 11:35:14 +1030 (CST)

According to Robert Collins:

>Just be glad (and I'd suggest you actually tell them this) that they are
>not running an intercepting cache.

Yes, indeed I am. I am happy with the ISP, they seem to have people
working for them that have a clue (sad to say this is not as usual as
it should be).

>, and a friend of mine (with a 2Mb pipe, non
>trivial for Aus :})

Mmmm yes. We have a 1Mb pipe :-)

>So positive feedback about the current state of the ISP in that light
>may well be worth much more in the long term.

Like I said, I am not really annoyed with them. I know that this sort
of problem is not going to be easy to track down, part of the battle
is getting them to believe that something dodgy is going on. It took
me quite a few weeks to wake up to the fact that all my large
downloads had failed and that something was Not Right(tm), before that
I was just assuming it was a lame site and working around the problem.