Re: [squid-users] FTP connection with microsoft ftp command line program

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 20:42:06 +0100

Your browser when configured to use Squid as a proxy for ftp:// is not a
FTP client, it is then a HTTP client. Squid is the FTP client then.

The command line ftp.exe is a FTP client. If you want command line
ftp:// browsing through Squid, use a command line web browser such as
lynx
<http://dir.yahoo.com/Computers_and_Internet/Software/Internet/World_Wide_Web/Browsers/Lynx/>
or any other favorite commandline browser.

If you want proxy functions for FTP, then install a FTP proxy in
combination with Squid. There are numerous FTP proxies.