Re: [squid-users] Problem accessing Hotmail

From: Mark Tinka <aknit44@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 05:53:29 +0000 (GMT)

hi Stephen..

Hotmail authenticates users using the SSL protocol, or
HTTPS.. just verify, with your logs, that you are
allowing packets with destination port as 443 [SSL]
out of the squid box..

good luck..

AKNIT

 --- "Stephen R. Mapunda" <mapunda@muchs.ac.tz> wrote:
> I have just installed Squid. I have a private
> network
> 192.168.0.0 and the server installed with squid has
> a public
> IP address. all the work stations can access
> Internet
> through the squid proxy server.
>
> The only problem I get is, all the work stations can
> not
> login in hotmail.com. Many of my users have email
> accounts
> in hotmail.
>
> Please, advice!

> Mr. Stephen Mapunda
> Muhimbili University College of Health Sciences
> P.O Box 65001
> Dar es salaam
> Tanzania
> Mob: 255-741-224797

Nokia 5510 looks weird sounds great.
Go to http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/nokia/ discover and win it!
The competition ends 16 th of December 2001.