Re: [squid-users] Newly Installed Squid is not Caching

From: Visolve.com <squid_visolve@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 09:00:32 +0530

Hello Emilia,

            No need to change anything in squid.conf .Clear your browser
cache and proceed .No need to clear your cache dir as squid is newly
installed and TCP_IMS_HIT is also a HIT .

Have a look at http://www.visolve.com/squid/squid24s1/glossary.htm for
better understanding of TCP_HIT ,TCP_IMS_HIT etc....

Regards,
-Kanchana
squid@visolve.com
www.visolve.com

Hello,

I would greatly appreciate any pointers. I just installed Squid on our
server. I left all options uncommented that is default (accept for I set
http_access allow all). I set up my browser to use the proxy. Tailing the
access log I can clearly see that all the requested page go through the
proxy. Yet I do not think it is caching?? in the access log all I get is
TCP_MISS and TCP_IMS_HIT and not TCP_HIT. I'm at a loss..

Do I need to change anything in the squid.conf file? What should I look
into?

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Thank you.

Emilia