Re: [squid-users] Using squid 2.4 as an accelerator

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 19:07:07 +0100

Dustin Puryear wrote:

> I am getting what appears to be the infamous "WARNING: Forwarding loop
> detected for" message. I say infamous because the mailing list seems to be
> full of discussions relating to it. However, the answers found in the list
> don't seem to apply to me. I am NOT using cache peering.

These you get if you are running in accelerator mode without properly
telling Squid where to get the content from, ending up with Squid
contacting itself in a recursive loop.

httpd_accel_host virtual

requires a redirector rewriting the Squid IP address to the real server
IP address.

httpd_accel_uses_host_header on

requires Squid to know the real IP addresses of your domains, not the
official ones, or the use of a redirector.

Regards
Henri