Re: [squid-users] Using squid 2.4 as an accelerator

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 19:04:12 +0100

Dustin Puryear wrote:

> Any help on the following? I don't see in the Squid documentation where they
> go over all of the details of setting up IP-based virtual hosting with
> Squid. The docs only get so far as "httpd_accel_host virtual" and then
> pretty much drop it.
>
> So I setup the IP aliases on the Squid box. But how do I tell Squid which
> web servers behind it to use? We want to spread the accesses over n
> webservers.
>
> Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
>
> Regards, Dustin

All the httpd_accel_* directives affects how Squid rebuilds the
requested URL in accelerator mode. In all other aspects Squid still
operates as a proxy, and the documentation in these chapters/entries
assumes you know how to operate it as a proxy.

httpd_accel_host virtual
makes Squid to reconstruct the URL using the IP address where the
request was accepted

httpd_accel_uses_host_header on
makes Squid use the Host header of the request

There is not much more to say about these directives. They are veru
primitive.