RE: [squid-users] Using squid 2.4 as an accelerator

From: Dustin Puryear <dpuryear@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 13:18:18 -0600

> All the httpd_accel_* directives affects how Squid rebuilds the
> requested URL in accelerator mode. In all other aspects Squid still
> operates as a proxy, and the documentation in these chapters/entries
> assumes you know how to operate it as a proxy.

Actually, I have had quite a bit of experience with Squid as a proxy and web
cache and in fact have published details on using it. However, this is my
first run in with using the reverse proxy features and the User Manual
leaves you a bit lost if you haven't used the reverse proxy features before,
which is the very reason that I read the User Manual. :)

Anyway, I now have it working with Brendan's help. I appreciate all of the

Regards, Dustin

---
Dustin Puryear <dpuryear@usa.net>
Information Systems Consultant
http://members.telocity.com/~dpuryear
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams