[squid-users] Proxy failover setup

From: Springer, Mark <MSpringer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 10:10:37 -0600

I am a new user of squid (1 month). I currently have squid 2.4
installed and functioning on a Sun Ultra 5. It is functioning only as a
proxy (no cacheing). I have now been charged with setting up a failover
environment in which we have 2 Sun unix boxes running, with squid on
both. Then if one of the suns go down, the other is still up and
functioning and the user never knows. Is there a capability built into
squid to do this or what options do I have? Any direction would be
helpful.

Thanks.