Re: [squid-users] squid reconstruction

From: Diego Dasso <ddasso@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 16:26:36 -0300

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> Diego Dasso wrote:
>
> > first excuse my english, its very poor. I've heard about the
> > reconstruction of the cache, what is this??
> > any help will be appreciated
>
> Beats me.
>
> Maybe you are referring to the cache index rebuild that occurs when
> Squid is restarted? Squid keeps an index of all cached objects in
> memory, and when you restart Squid this index needs to be recreated
> which takes a short while.
>
> Regards
> Henrik Nordström
> Squid Hacker

Hi, the thing its that somebody toldme that the option -z its used to
rebuild the cache,
i don't know why, but he erases all the directories used by the squid
(cache_dir)
and then he uses the -z option.
Another question is where can i find info about the options for the
squid commands?

thanks

Diego Dasso
Universidad Catolica