[squid-users] Mailing Etiquette (was: newbie config help)

From: Dave Raven <dave@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 21:31:02 +0200

Hello all,
    I am not placing blame or pointing fingers;
    but just some general advice (from my point of view) as to sending
config files on the squid list (any list).

    If you are going to send your config file, please
           grep -v "#" yourconfigfile.conf
    first. This will remove all the comments etc from your file and leave us
with the information.

    This alone should cut down on the size of squid-users mails; also - and
I think this has been addressed before -
     its not always necessary to mail an attachment to all the users. Try to
cut it down to a few users, but if its
    small I see no problem. You see, while the attachement may only be
100+K; it gets sent to many people.
    Well, that and I would FAR prefer to scan through a config file with no
comments.

    As I don't actually have any say on this list you needed pay much notice
to my messages, as this should probably
    fall into the Spam category I am talking about, but feel free to flame
me (/dev/null) ; cuz its just an idea, come advice.

Thanks
Dave.
OpteqSec.