[squid-users] can't get pages to be cached

From: Emilia Sherifova <emilia@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 22:03:46 -0500

I've been trying really hard to get pages of my website to get cached by
squid. But it does not work! When I checked the headers, it looks like
Expires headers are not set. I did everything according the instructions:
compiled mod_expires and mod_headers and included the following in my
.htaccess file:

ExpiresActive On
ExpiresByType image/gif A2592000
ExpiresByType image/jpg A2592000
ExpiresByType image/jpeg A2592000
ExpiresByType text/html A86400

I also made sure that .htaccess gets read by the server by making
AllowOverride All in the httpd.conf.

But the pages still do not get cached. Not even the images. I get the
following:
Location:
File MIME Type:image/gif
Expires: No date given
Anyone has any clues. I would greatly appreaciate any insights.
Thank you.
Emilia