[squid-users] squid.conf : ok

From: Dc Ad <dcad123@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 20:24:12 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
i am relatively new to squid. I am using it for a
network of 7 computers with SuSe 7.1. as my main
server where squid is installed. I am getting caching
but I feel that it is not caching enough. Can you
please tell me whether these settings are ok?
http_port 3128
cache_mem 8 MB
ipcache_size 1024
cache_dir ufs /cache 500 16 256
If anyone wants to look more in my squid.conf I will
send it zipped offlist.
Now when I say du -cH /cache I fet it around 466Mb. Do
you think I should increase the cache_dir size?
How can I keep a daily log of how many Mbs were
cached?
Thanks a lot and waiting for the reply.
-Shantanu