Re: [squid-users] LDAP, Squid, and ssl

From: Michael Cunningham <archive@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 12:06:14 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> Looking good, apparently a lot simpler than I expected. But I am missing
> one quite important thing:
>
> -ZZ to require successful TLS certificate validation.
>
> (and the TLS option should be capital -Z to match OpenLDAP tools)

Yea.. I was just coding it up for what I needed.. I should have some
time this weekend to extend it a bit further to include cert checking
and ssl support.

> Another minor cosmetic thing: The OpenLDAP flag for protocol version is
> -P, not -v.

Yea.. I am aware of the option name differences but I didnt want to screw
up peoples installs by changing the p option to something new.

> Hmm.. already using -P for persistent in the current version.. (-p is
> now port). Looks like I need to find another option character for
> persistent.

I will switch the code to use -Z and -ZZ and I will stick with -v
in the patch.. when you decide what persistent is going to be
you can just make the code change.

Thanks.. Mike