Re: [squid-users] acl dependent parent - is it possible

From: Toth Janos <janos.toth@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 13:24:26 +0100

Hello,

just answering my own question ;)
yes,is it possible. need to use the cache_peer_access directive.
details form the squid.conf:

#defining two parent: junkbuster pass to the firewall after filtering
cache_peer firewall.corp.me parent http_proxy_port 7 no-query
cache_peer junkbuster.corp.me parent junkbuster_port 7 no-query default

#FTP not passed to junkbuster
acl FTP proto FTP
never_direct allow FTP
cache_peer_access firewall.corp.me allow FTP
cache_peer_access junkbuster.corp.me deny FTP

and because I forgot my signature file in the perevious, you can get
it twice ;)

regards,

Janos Toth (TJ)
network security administrator
Hungarian National Assembly, Department of Informatics
e-mail: janos.toth@mkogy.hu

> Hi,
>
> some days ago I installed a junkbuster filter right after my squid
> (squid-> junkbuster->firewall). This before the squid also acted as
> ftp proxy for the clients, because the firewall accept it for
> transparent ftp connections. Of course the junkbuster didn't seem to
> ftp proxying. The client's proxy settings points to the same host:port
> for http and ftp. Can I configure the squid to bypass the junkbuster
> when ftp-ing and use other parent proxy for ftp. regards,

Toth Janos (TJ)
halozati adminisztrator
Orszaggyules Hivatala, Informatika osztaly
e-mail: janos.toth@mkogy.hu tel: (1)4416230 fax: (1)4416979