Re: [squid-users] fourth cache off??

From: fooler <fooler@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 13:01:23 +0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "khiz code" <khizcode@yahoo.com>
To: <squid-users@squid-cache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2001 12:22 PM
Subject: [squid-users] fourth cache off??

> Hi all
> i just went thru the fourth cacheoff results.. and straight away looked at
> joe's entry!!!
> i think it did particularly good on the hit response times and downtime
tests
> however the requests/sec and the hit ratios were not exactly exciting :(
> and i did read joe's comment ..
> is this due to the fact that he used only 2 scsi disks and the not yet
stable
> released 2.5 ???? on kernel 2.4.13

i think the main reason why squid's request per second is always around from
100 to 200 no matter how high performance hardware you are going to used is
due to the squid's algorithm. my suggestion is that, its time to re-design
squid. :->

fooler.
+ tomorrow, he vowed to destroy america but now he wants amnesty